Monday, February 22, 2010

Canada!

We are back. It was a whirlwind of a trip. We left Thursday afternoon and just got back today. We went to Qualicum Beach to attend the funeral service for Craig's Grandfather. We hit all of the major modes of transportation, Trains, planes, Automobiles and Ferries. Patrick is quick to point out that we did not take a Hot air Balloon though. The kids are super travelers, but even the best of travelers get tired and cranky. We had a great time seeing everyone and celebrating the full life of a wonderful man. In true Blaikie/Bell fashion there was lots of song and dance. Plenty of food wine and scotch and memories new and old. I am truely blessed to have found and to have been accepted into a family as great as this one.
It was dark when we arrived at aunt Margie's house.
 
 We got up early for the 7:45 ferry. This art was in the Starbucks at the ferry terminal.
  

Tons of room on the ferry inside and out.
 

  

A gorgeous sunrise from the ferry, we had beautiful weather.

 



  

  
 Lunch at the Shady, a must for this Texas crew.
  

  

  

  

  
While we finished lunch, the kids went down to the beach to play.
  

  

  

  
 After lunch, we stopped at the memorial garden to visit Grandma Joan.
  

  
 Proof I was there. Picture taken by Alison.
  

  

  

  
They really do get along, most of the time.
  

  
 I put my camera away for the service. I wish I had gotten pictures of Patrick in his suit. He was very handsome. Patrick wanted pictures of the Bag Piper, but there are some places even I won't take the camera.
  
 A great picture of Uncle Ian and Aunt Margie.
  
 Alison and Jocelyn, two red heads, double trouble.
  

  

  

  

  
   Alison and Cousin Niko.
 

  

  

  

  

  
 Goofy kiddos.
  
 But they are pretty cute.
 

1 comment:

Susannah said...

There are some really wonderful pictures in this set! Love the square crops.