
The nurse called yesterday for me to get Patrick, she said that he threw up and that there was a stomach bug going around.
I went to get him, and Ali too so I did not have to make multiple trips.
Patrick was acting fine and had no fever, but better safe than sorry right?
When we got home Patrick came to me and said that he needed to talk. He then began an outlandish tale about a 3rd grade bully that held him down, broke off an eraser from his pencil and shoved the eraser in Patrick's ear. I just sat there looking at him. (Does he really think I am going to fall for this?)
After staring at him a bit, I told him to rethink his story. Starting with, was there really an eraser in his ear.
Apparently, he was goofing off as usual, and he decided to see what would happen. It went in too far and he panicked. He threw up because he was nervous about getting in trouble.
I called the nurse to see if he told her about the ear, NOPE. She did have a very good laugh at my expense though.
I called the pediatrician, who also laughed at me, and they said to bring him in. So I packed up the kids and went off.
On the way I tried to call my sister to let her know what was up.
Hayley did not call me back until the nurses and the doctor were holding Patrick down trying to get it out. I whispered into the phone that "we were at the doctor because Patrick put an eraser in his ear" but she thought that I said "Dyson disappeared" so she freaked out and kept calling me over and over again.
We finally got it out, and then I decided what the heck, we were all there, let's take care of flu shots. When Ali heard that she started to freak out and hid under the chair crying.
I answered Hayley's call and told her we got the eraser out and that Dyson was not lost. The doctor was still laughing at the hysteria and mayhem. Hayley talked to the doctor, and asked them to give Dyson his shot too.
We finally made it out of there with three ticked off, crying kids. I drove through Burger King for shakes and went home.
All of this over my 8 year old and a flippin eraser. GRRRRR




1 comment:
Holly hon...I feel your pain..when my 16 year old son Lewis was 2 years old he stuck a corn pop in his ear..I was in panick..cause I couldn't see what is was..after hours in er..and a tramatized kid..doctors removed it..at least your doctor laught..the one I had was a snot..he yelled at my baby....told him to stop sqirming..well I thought I would lose it on the doctor..I was flipping mad! Anyway..don't think I have bought corn pops ever again..lol. Glad your son is all right ..and all is better now, ..Shakes would have worked for me..lol
Post a Comment