
For Spring Break we decided to drive a little farther for our Camp out. Friday was early release and we decided to pick the kids up at 9 to get a head start. This trip started with many complications. Craig was traveling for business the entire week before. I took the kids into school and was heading to Sam's for last minute supplies. The school nurse called and told me to come get Alison and take her to the doctor. Alison was going to start the camp out with an ear infection.
I turned around to get her and headed straight for the doctor. We got a prescription and headed home. Craig was ready to start loading the car, in the rain. I got out for Patrick and the shopping while Craig finished loading the car. Traffic was horrible on the drive and the freeway was shut down 3 seperate times for accidents. Our 6 hour trip took over 8 1/2 hours.
As we got closer to the park we saw tons of deer. The kids (and Craig and I) were getting cranky and ready to get there. The rain stopped for us to set the tent up, but is stayed very cloudy and damp. The park was beautiful though and was a nice change of scenery.
I took over 800 pictures, so I am having a hard time choosing which ones to post in the blog.
I turned around to get her and headed straight for the doctor. We got a prescription and headed home. Craig was ready to start loading the car, in the rain. I got out for Patrick and the shopping while Craig finished loading the car. Traffic was horrible on the drive and the freeway was shut down 3 seperate times for accidents. Our 6 hour trip took over 8 1/2 hours.
As we got closer to the park we saw tons of deer. The kids (and Craig and I) were getting cranky and ready to get there. The rain stopped for us to set the tent up, but is stayed very cloudy and damp. The park was beautiful though and was a nice change of scenery.
I took over 800 pictures, so I am having a hard time choosing which ones to post in the blog.


































1 comment:
It IS pretty out there! Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time in spite of the rough start.
Post a Comment