I called his teacher and music teacher to get more details. Yes he was goofing around during the taping, but nobody caught it until it was too late. The announcements were going to run as is. Craig and I talked to Patrick about it, He made the choice to goof off. He had to live with it and he was going to school, END OF DISCUSSION.
Wednesday morning when I got to the school, Alison skipped off happily to class and Patrick crawled under the back seat crying refusing to go. After calling Dad, the school nurse and his teacher, we finally got him reluctantly into his class.
Thursday I went in to watch the announcements and to see what the whole fuss was about. While the class was reciting the pledge and singing America the Beautiful, Patrick was fidgeting, making faces and posing with peace signs. He looked like a poster child for a Sugar Overdose.
Mean mommy that I am took a picture or two of the TV to remind him of this episode when he grows up.
In reality, he was not much worse than goofballs you see at sporting events when the camera pans the crowd. He is a ham, he likes to show off. He just needs to figure out that there is a time and a place for these things.



No comments:
Post a Comment