On Friday I took the kids to school and then left with Roxie and a loaded car to claim a campsite at Ray Roberts Lake State Park. I love getting there early and picking out a site when the park is virtually empty and the car is silent. Roxie does not talk nearly as much as Alison. I got our tent and canopy set up and had a few hours all to myself before Craig got there with the kids. Because we only had one other family with us for this trip, we decided to get a site that was right on the water.
The weather was awesome on Friday and the night was great. Saturday was gorgeous until after around 5 O
clock. Watching the radar (on the Blackberry) we thought that it was going to rain a little and then stop. We knew that there was a pretty good chance of rain on Sunday, but we figured that we would be able to pack and head back home before it hit. It never did stop raining.


Our Campsite, I set it up early and got to enjoy the quiet for a few hours before everyone else got there.












































1 comment:
Friday and the first part of Saturday look great! Sorry you got rained on later, though. Maybe you should start planning to only camp the first night and leave before it starts raining the second night. :-)
Post a Comment