Every time we drive up to Colorado the kids get very excited as soon as we cross the border into New Mexico. We have to listen to them through the whole state, "How long until the Volcano?" "Have we passed the volcano yet?".Since we were breaking our drive back to Dallas into two parts, Craig and I decided to drive up to the information center at the Volcano. There was a info center with a very nice Park Ranger who showed a 10 minute video of Volcanos and how Capulin was made. Afterwards we drove the very steep, very narrow trail to the top of the volcano. What I could see of the view driving was incredible, but I was very nervous about the drop off, there was no shoulder on the way up and Patrick kept making falling noises for me.
When we got to the top, we were going to take a short hike, but it was much steeper than we expected and the bugs were horrendous.













No comments:
Post a Comment