Friday, January 16, 2009

Tooth Fairy Oops


Alison lost her 5th tooth yesterday at school. It was so loose it fell out at lunch time when she took a sip of her milk. We had lots of stuff going on last night and I am guessing that the Fairy couple just let the tooth slip their mind.

This morning while I was fixing lunches I heard Alison wailing from the bathroom, she took her tooth pillow in there to look for the money the tooth fairy left her. The tooth was still there, but even worse, it fell out, hit the tile floor and split in two.

I talked to her and told her that the tooth fairy was probably running late, or maybe the freezing weather froze her wings. We also decided that the tooth fairy might be home with sick baby fairies. I also gave her 4 quarters to hold her over.

Patrick told her not to worry because she might think that Alison had two teeth in her pillow and leave 2 dollars.

While Alison was at school, the tardy fairy made her appearance and left a handwritten apology along with a fresh 2 dollar bill.

Alison has now forgiven the tooth fairy, I am still holding a grudge though.

1 comment:

C said...

I'm so glad the tooth fairy finally showed! Hopefully she doesn't have anymore trouble or those teeth could get a bit expensive. :-)